Veterans Association of America, Inc.
Friday, January 22, 2021
Serving those who've served this Country

Additional Resource Information

The Department of Consumer Affairs of New York City (DCA) offers veterans of all branches an opportunity to acquire their vendor license free of charge. They are located at 42 Broadway, 5th floor. Veterans MUST bring in the following documents to ensure expeditious service. The items are as follows:

1) Social Security Card

2) Utility bill with your name on it or the person of whom you 

3) Last filed taxes (current year ) with the State & Federal

4) If employed, a letter from employer stating your income
    earned from that fiscal year.

5) A copy of your DD214 , which can be acquired from the Dept. of
    Veteran Affairs Regional Office in your state of residence.

6) Complete application process provided by the Dept. of Consumer
7) You also need State & City clearance letters indicating that owe no taxes with the aformentioned entities. They're located at 55 Hanson Place in Brooklyn four blocks from the Atlantic Avenue train station & 66 John Street which is two blocks from Fulton street in Manhattan.

8) After these items have been obtained, you will receive a number to eventually have your paperwork checked for completeness along with a photo taken and receipt provided for you to return and pick up your license.

If you have any problems or concerns, request to speak with Mr. Dave Hewett, Special Applications Unit. You can explain to Mr. Hewett that you were referred by Dr. Raphael Works of the Veterans Association of America, Inc. He can also be reached @ (212) 436-0083 for any additional questions you may have.